We went to my friend Gloria's house. She has a small Tree farm across town and we go there each year. I would rather have my money to go to a friend so we like to go there. We love going to her place, you get to cut your own tree down and it's only $20.00 for any size tree. My parents pay $60 or $80 each year, so I think this is so much better....and tons more fun!
We did choose a small tree this year. With Norah's birthday party coming up and my in-laws coming to town for a week, we need the space this year....we will just have to fit to many people in the house to have a big tree.....heck, our house is small without a tree in it. On a side note, It's a cute tree....I'm happy with our choice. I think Bryan is a little bummed on how small it is this year, but I think he is happy with it too. I just love having a real tree in the house, it smells so good! We...well I had considered getting and artificial tree this year, but we just couldn't do it. The real thing is just so much better!
Just getting to the farm, Amelia ready to find her tree.
The only "somewhat" good photo we got of the four of us. The girls were sick and not wanting their picture taken.
My brother Matt cutting down his tree....this was the first time he cut a Christmas tree down.....he usually buys it from a place where they are already cut down.
Once we made our stop at Walmart on the way home last night, the girls were done for, and needed a nap. So we just decided to put the tree up today. Amelia did a great job, however she did manage to break one ornament.....yeah, one of mine from 1977, I was bummed. Oh well, it's going to happen. Anyway, she did do well with putting them on the tree though. She only did a few then was side tracked easily. She loves the lights on the tree. I hope she does ok though the season. Norah wasn't to interested with it all until right before bedtime. She pulled at the tree skirt a little....I hope she keeps away. {crossing my fingers here}
Amelia putting the decorations on.








2 comments:
Looks beautiful!!! I miss cutting down our tree! Sorry about your ornament!!
Beautiful tree!
I love Norah's hat in the picture!
Post a Comment