Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day, and our First Emergency Room Visit.

We had a big day here for Thanksgiving. We went to my parents house and hung out there all day. It was nice and relaxing, but the bad thing was, Amelia was sick. She has been sick for a probably two months with this nasty cold....she just can't shake it. Nothing bad, but the meds the doctor has prescribed, along all the vitamins we have been pumping her with and the Chiropractor appointments.......not a thing is helping her. It took a turn for the worse the other day and she actually had a fever. Nothing bad, 99.7 ish and around that. Similar to when she is getting a new tooth, so I wasn't worried. Then Wednesday it shot up to 101.8 ish (In that area). I started to get worried, However,then she threw up and she actually started to act better. We just figured she needed to get that out of her.....But then again, the nasty fever was still hanging on.

Yesterday we woke up I took her temperature and her fever was 102....it was that and higher all day. I was pumping her with Chidren's Tylenol and that would lower the fever for a while, but then It wear off a bit and it would spike back up. (this whole time I was doing the temp under her arms). She napped a lot at my moms house all day, and really didn't eat much of her Thanksgiving dinner. She ate a bif of applesauce, but that was all.

Then last night we came home from my moms, I decided to take her rectal temp.....which let me tell you she loved like a hole in her head! Anyway, her temp was 104.1 that time around. I called her doctor's office and called the emergency line, and the doctor on call phoned me back. He said to take her to the Emergency room. I bundled her up, and her and I went over to the hospital. Bryan stayed home with Norah. Poor baby, she was so good, but just not happy about it all.

They checked her all out and found out she has tonsillitis. Her throat was ALL red and full of puss. They gave her a prescription to get a antibiotic and told me to keep giving her the tylenol and Motrin and pump lots of fluids into her.

We left the hospital around 11:00 last night and went to the Pharmacy to her her meds. It was kind of funny. As we pulled into the drive thru at the Pharmacy (I didn't want to get her out) she got all excited and said, French Fries Mama....she thought we were at McDonalds. It cracked me up. At that point I knew she was starting to feel a little better. I told her no, we weren't getting french fries, that we were getting her meds. She just kept saying Mama, French Fries? I told her that if McDonalds was still open when we left there we could get her some. What was funny was, she had barely ate a thing all day, It was almost 4 hours past her bedtime, she was sick and had spent the past two hours in the ER....But the girl wanted French Fries. So where did we go after we left the Pharmacy?? Yup, you guessed it....McDonalds. She was so happy and ate all her fries, then we went to bed.

She woke up this morning still pretty out of it, but her spirits are much higher today....maybe it was the French Fries at midnight....

Anyway, I will bring her to see her doctor on Tuesday and hopefully by then she will be feeling much better. My Poor baby.

We did manage to have a nice Thanksgiving though, we had tons of great food and just simply relaxed with my family.

Here are a few photos of the day.
Amelia and her Papa Papa.
Even though she was sick she still looked super cute.
Norah's first official Piggy tails.
Her latest cute, tilt of the her head. She does this when she is being cute.
Maggie sleeping. What a sweet face though.
Sleeping again....so sweet.
Norah enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner. We gave her this wing to see what she would do...she loved it!
Matt and Fee.
Gracie and Fee.
Amelia's wreath we made the other day....yes, from No time for flashcards. (we again altered it a bit). Cute isn't it?
My sick girl this morning.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

oh my goodness poor baby.. i hope she's feelin better!!!