Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!

We brought the New year in with a Bang last night. We actually went out on the town. It was an absolute blast!

Don and Cherrie (my In laws) are still in town and offered to sit with the girls while we went out for New years eve. So of course Bryan and I took them up on it. We invited Jennifer and Jason down for dinner here at our house (Bryan made his famous Lasagna). We had a few glasses of wine then headed out. We made our first stop at a small pub in down town South Bend called Shawn O'Casy's. It's a little Irish pub (which fits perfectly in the South Bend area, if you know anything about Notre Dame) that was actually built in Ireland and shipped over here and placed in the lower level of the Marriott. We had a few beers there and a some coffee and relaxed a bit. We then decided to call Matt and Nicole Murry and invited them to come down and join us. They got dressed and drove down in Record time (Great job you two!) and looked fabulous too.

Once Matt and Nicole arrived we all headed over to Cathy and Don Dietz's home for a party. We all had an amazing time! The Deitz's know how to throw a party! We brought in the new year with them and hung out there danced, drank a few glasses of wine and chatted and got to know everyone more. Bryan enjoyed a nice cigar and some aged Scotch with Men and then it was time for us to head home....heck it was almost 3am.

I hope you all brought in the new year right and have made your resolutions and plans for 2009. Resolutions can be hard, but I try to do one each year....so this year I plan to spend more time with God. Pray more, and attend church on more of a regular basis. I haven't been doing that like I should, could and would like. My relationship with him is slacking and that needs to be altered. What is your Resolution? Feel free to let me know.

Well here are just a few pictures of us from our new rocking into the new year last night.....

Here we are ready to go out.
The four of us....Bryan, me, Jenn and Jason.
Jenn and Jay
Matthew.
The three of us girls.....Nicole, Me and Jennifer.
Bryan chatting on the phone to my brother Jake right after midnight....doesn't he look like a limo driver in that hat? :)
Matthew and Nicole right after the ball dropped. Happy New year!
Yes, I was happy....
Cheryl and I....I will be working with her. This is our bonding moment, she gave me that glowing ring.... She is so fun! Yes, It's late, I look so tired! Way past my bedtime!!

Happy New year to all....I hope you all have a Wonderful 2009!

1 comment:

Musiclvr73 said...

Ha ha ha
Our Bonding moment!!!
Yeah us =)
Glowing rings can be a great
start to a great friendship.
hee hee hee
Looking forward to working/playing together again soon!!!
Cheryl