Monday, September 15, 2008

Anniversary Weekend!

What a weekend we had! I must tell you all about it.

Friday we hung out at home, it was icky out so Amelia, Norah and I decided to made daddy cupcakes and a cake for Papa. Amelia LOVES to help cook....and licking the beaters, I think she thought she died and went to heaven....what fun it was to bake with her! She kept dipping the beaters back into the batter too. I was laughing so hard!

Norah helped too.
Saturday night we went to Kalamazoo for the night for our Anniversary. We stayed at the Radison, in the most beautiful room! We had met up with Jennifer and Jason for the night....

First of all the weather was Horrid.....RAIN, RAIN and More RAIN! We dropped the girls off at my moms house and Bryan set up a tent in the house. Since it was raining cats and dogs, they couldn't play in the tent dad had set up out side, so Bryan put one up in their living room for them. Mom had the works planned for them. They had hot dogs, and macaroni and cheese, and played with the flash light in the tent.

We headed up to Kalamazoo and met Jennifer in the Lobby, She looked fabulous, all swanky in her new shirt and heels and long blonde hair.....and just happy for us to be there. Which made us feel special. Her and Jason had already checked in and also had our keys for us. We went up to our room and wow, it was gourgous! We had a suite, full kitchen, huge jet tub and a great view! We changed our clothes and then met her in Jason in the bar downstairs. While we were getting changed we had the TV on in the room....the bottom of the TV said that a tornado had touched down in Paw Paw and it was heading toward Kalamazoo. We qucikly headed downstais and proceded to sit in front of the huge window...smart right?! Anway, as we were having a drink, the storm came throgh, We could see the rotation in the sky, but the tornado didn't bother us at all...thank goodness.

Our dinner reservations were for 7:00 at Zazio's, an absolutely fabulous resturant there in the hotel. We went over there early and had a Martini and then at 7:00 had dinner. The place was great, the service was nice and the food was amazing! I had a pasta with scallops and shrimp and Bryan has a steak and we both were very happy with our choices.

After dinner we RAN (because it was Coming down like you wouldn't believe! We got a little wet) over to this new wine bar that just opened a few weeks ago, it's called The Wine Loft. Quite the place, swanky and stylish. We had a drink there and met up with some of Jason's friends. Great guys, but that was the last we saw of them for the night....I think they were on the prowl for Ladies. After the wine loft we bar hopped a bit and ended up back at the hotel around 1am. We were drenched by the time we made it back....It seriously poured ALL day! I hear we had received 11inches of rain. Not sure on the real number yet. We had jumped in puddles all the way back to the hotel. Fun, Fun!

We had a wonderful night and am happy that I felt ok the next morning. It could of been bad (I had more to drink than I should have had) . We got up, I took a nice hot bath in the tub and then we met up with Jenn and Jason for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. After Breakfast we headed back to get the girls.

The four of us before dinner.
Bryan giving me kisses.
Jennifer just being silly.
Jennifer and Jason.
Our wine we had at dinner. It was quite good too.
Our desert we had, they made it fancy for us....it's it cute? Oh and YUM, It was YUMMY!!!
Bryan drinking his espresso. My funny guy!
I tried to get a picture of the wine glass at the wine loft. It was a neat place.


Upon arriving back to my moms house we found out the girls had quite the time while they were at grandma-ma and papas house too. They played hard and tons of fun. I had left my camera with my mom so she could take pictures while we were gone.

Bryan had set up the tent, mom said Amelia liked it, she would run through it and then run around it and jump on the sides. Goofy girl. Here she is in it.....


Saturday night My mom and pulled out some play dough for Amelia, she had never played with it before. I think she had a fun time with it.



Sunday like I said, it had rained and rained and rained all weekend. So mom took Amelia out and played in the rain. It was a warm day so it made it fun....mom said Amelia didn't even want to come in when it was time to. She had fun playing in the rain.





To give you an idea of how much it had rained, this was my parents back yard. No that isn't a pond, its where their grass should be. I heard we had gotten like 11 inches.....Yeah, Hurricane Ike came all the way to Michigan.

No comments: