Friday afternoon my mom came and picked up the girls and that night we had a night out!! YES, a NO kids event night! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my girls....but a fun night was was needed!
We went to see one of our favorite bands, Umphrey's McGee. http://www.umphreysmcgee.com/
(if you would like to check them out)
It was a blast! I hadn't seen them play in two years! WAY to long! We used to go see them whenever they were in town, but now that we are getting older and have kids, we don't go as much anymore. We met up with my best friend Jennifer and her fiance' Jason.... we did a little tailgating and grilled out and had beers before the show. The show was great! It's so funny to think that we used to go and watch them in small local pubs around here. Now they had a HUGE 2000 people show! Amazing! We danced and had an awesome time! Yes, we probably had one or two beers to many, but that was ok. We were also able to see friends that we hadn't seen in quite some time. People Bryan graduated from high school with and other friends we just haven't seen in so long!
The girls had a night of their own....they spent time with my parents, brothers and sister in laws. They all went out to dinner that evening. This was Norah's first time out and about without us (mommy or daddy). She has gone to my parents house many times to spend the night, but mom and dad never take them anywhere....usually I don't even leave the car seats. However, they went out this time..... Norah ate Perch and munched on crackers and Amelia ate chicken nuggets and fries. Mom even claims both girls were good, yet they had to sit on her lap while at the resturant, but at least they didn't cry.
Jenn and I at the show
Saturday Bryan and I slept in nice and late (how nice that was) and then got up and went to breakfast. We relaxed a bit before we headed up to my parents house to get the girls. Yet, once we got there we ended up spending the whole rest of the day at my mom and dads house, Bryan fixed their shower, I hung out and took some pictures like usual (mom just has lots to take pictures of...flowers, trees and things). That evening mom ended up making us YUMMY burgers on the grill. Then after getting all wrapped up in home makeover shows on HGTV, we headed home.
The girls both slept in this morning, which was nice. I think we all needed it! I had another nice day of my own., I was able to meet my friend Stacy for lunch today. I drove up to Saugatuck to meet up with her. We had lunch and wandered around in all the quaint little shops. I love that little town..... It's just so cute. It was absolutely fabulous to see Stacy too. We don't get to spend time together like we used to now that she lives a few hours away (she promises that they will be moving back here in a few years!! I sure can't wait!). However, today was wonderful.....Stacy, if your reading this, we MUST do that more often!! It was nice to hang out with her and catch up with her and her life. Before I had Amelia it was a weekly thing for us to chat and get together.....so time spent together today was LONG over due.
The girls stayed home with Bryan, his first time spending the entire day alone with the girls. He says things went well and they had fun. They went to the park and had a little picnic. I'm so happy that they were good for him!
Boats at the marina.

1 comment:
grat pics! glad you had a nice weekend!
Post a Comment